With DDA compliant handrails
- Smooth, in-line handrail range.
- Compatible for use in conjunction with the standard Interclamp range.
- Saddle-type assembly or internally expanding to suit 3.25mm wall tube.
- Optional O-rings for ease of installation and aesthetically pleasing finish.
- Easy accommodation of slopes and access ramps.
- Powder coating available to suit contrasting colour requirements of public access specifications.
- Helps to meet compliance with:
- UK DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) & Building Regulations Part M compliance
- USA ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Australian DDA & Australian Standard AS 1428.1-2009
The Interclamp Assist range has been especially designed to help compliance with the public access requirements of the Equality Act 2010 (formerly DDA) and Building Regulations Part M 2013. In order to give our customers more choice, a range of both internally expanding clamps and saddle type fittings is available, neither of which requires the use of welding, threading or specialist tools. Our classic range of internally expanding fittings requires no riveting or drilling of tube, whereas the saddle-type fittings require less tube cutting and hence easier handrail alignment. No other special fittings are required, which enables full integration with both new Interclamp systems and the refurbishment or upgrading of existing tubular structures to help meet the newer access specifications.
In order to meet the requirements of the above standards, the range forms flush joints with size C42 tube. Tube (and fittings where necessary) may be coated in RAL or BS colours to help meet "not cold to the touch" and contrasting colour requirements. Steps and disabled access slopes may easily be accommodated, facilitating compliance with public access standards.
For C42 size internally expanding Assist fittings (as with type 150), tubes must be 42.4mm od x 3.2mm wall thickness e.g. 1 1/4” medium weight to BS EN 10255 (formerly BS1387). All cut tube ends must be deburred and treated with Interclamp Silver Galvanising Spray or other suitable protection. Optional O-rings may be fitted to each end of the expanding Assist fittings to achieve the best finish.